Follow me as I walk the weight loss journey using the First Place 4 Health bible study. This is my story. These are my prayers....these are my struggles....these are my successes. No one but God can walk this path with me, but I invite you to come along with me. Who knows? You may be inspired to start your own journey. God Bless!
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Good Evening Everyone!
Well, my last post/email to you all mentioned that I had applied (and I thought I had been accepted) to become a Networking Leader within First Place 4 Health...well...that's true. But I didn't get it...YET. I did not read the criteria to become a Networking Leader and had I done that, I would have seen that in order to be a Networking Leader, I need to have lost a significant amount of weight, OR be at my goal weight. Well folks, I've done neither. So I totally understand, even though I don't like it, that at this time, I can't be a Networking Leader. Am I going to let that stop me? HEAVENS NO!!!! Thanks to Vicki Heath with FP4H, I have been challenged to get within 20 pounds of my goal weight in six months (October 1st). That's about a 70-80 pound total weight loss my friends! Am I going to sit around and let this challenge outweigh me, or am I going to let my GOD prove how HE can outweigh the challenge? I'm going with the latter.
So, how am I going to do this? Well, I need to do just as I tell all of my FP4H members, start small, set achievable, attainable goals. Here's how I plan to break it down. Anyone want to join me???
Today is March 19th...a Tuesday. It's 6:15pm as I'm writing this. That leaves about 3 hours before I go to bed...so I'm going to hook up the Wii, or pop in a DVD and get MOVING! NO sense putting off til tomorrow what I can do TODAY!!!!
As I see it, there are 194 days between today and October 1st. That is 5 months, 11 days. That's 28 weeks. Focusing on 2 pounds a week, I'm looking at 56 pounds. Pretty darn close. So I'll have to kick it up a notch or two and work really hard to get those extra 14 or so pounds. Means I'll have to really watch what I eat (sorry for everyone that invites me to go out to eat, have pig-ins at work, etc. I can't do it), get to the gym or exercise at home A LOT more, and really focus on my goals.
I want to encourage you to set Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely goals as well. What do you think YOU could accomplish in 194 days, 5 months, 11 days, 28 weeks? You just might be surprised!!!!
I covet your prayers during this time and I offer you mine. Now off to work out!!!
God's peace.
Liz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment